TIPS Alcohol Certification Course & Exam
Currently only given in English. Spanish book and exam is available.
Your staff may request to bring an interpreter the day of class.
Alcohol Awareness Manager Classes are held 12 – 5PM at RAMW headquarters in June
and from 9:30am-2:30pm starting in July, 2012
on SCHEDULED DATES ONLY
1625 K St, NW Suite #210, Washington, DC 20006
Print and review the DC / VA / MD Laws & Regulations Summary sheets:
Visit the ABRA website for more details on how to obtain a DC Alcohol Manager license
and a copy of the ABC Licensee Handbook
For those establishments operating in VA and MD, visit your local jurisdiction’s Alcohol Regulatory agency.
In this intensive four-hour course you will learn:
- Your responsibility as a seller or server of alcohol,
- Laws restricting alcohol service,
- How alcohol affects the body,
- Assessing a guest’s level of intoxication and preventing them from becoming intoxicated,
- How to identify acceptable forms of identification; learn the proper procedure for checking IDs and dealing with fake IDs,
- Ways to deal with difficult situation, including intoxicated guests and illegal activities,
- and much more!
Participants must register and pay for the course in advance. This is a non-refundable, yet transferable payment. A 48-hour advance notice is required to re-schedule a class date to avoid a $25 change fee.
Please see our current class schedule for